D Type Multistage Pump
TYPE D(D.DG.DY.DM.DF) pump belongs to single-suction, multi-stage segmental centrifugal pump.
Main performance parameters
The axial force gets balanced with the help of balance disc, Concerning lubrication system
diluted oil is used for sliding bearing kind of TYPE 85-67、155-67、45-80、85-80、150-100 and grease
for rolling bearing kind of all other pumps.
The pump rotates clockwise viewed from original drive end.
Pump is supplied together with motor and base of common or its own.
Type D serial pump can be delivered to:
D: used to deliver clear water without solid particles used to miner with the temperature range
from 0℃~80℃,The inlet is horizontal direction.
DM: used to deliver liquid with less solid particles or miner with the temperature range from
0℃~+80℃. The inlet is horizontal direction.
DG: used to deliver clear water without solid particles or liquid similar to clear water physically
DY: used to deliver oil products without solid with the temperature range from -20℃~+150℃. The inlet perpendicularly direction
DF: used to deliver corrosive liquid and without solid with the temperature range from -20℃~+150℃. The inlet is perpendicularly direction.
All kind type pump discharge is perpendicularly direction.
The shaft of all kind type pump can be with soft packing or mechanical seal. The material
through which liquid passes is made from cast iron or bronze or stainless steel.
Description of Pump Type
Example 1: D280-43/84×5
D: single-suction, multi-stage centrifugal clear water pump
280: pump capacity (m3/h)
43: single stage head of pump(m)
84: year code
5: stage number
Example 2: 150D30×5
150-suction diameter of pump(mm)
D-single suction multi-stage segmental centrifugal cleal clear water pump
43-single stage head pump(mm)
1.Multistage pump compact structure, small size,beautiful appearance, its vertical structure decided small installation area,its centre of gravity overlap center of pump foot, thus enhancing the runningstability and service life of the pump.
2. The multistage pump can meet differentrequirements by increasing or decreasing the pump stages combining cuttingimpeller diameter, without changing the installation area, and this is themultistage pump special own.
3. Pump rotor is provided with low wind ability toachieve smooth operation, little vibration, low noise and long service life .
4. According to the needs, the suction and dischargenozzles can be installed into the same direction, several different directionsin order to meet different connection.
5. Motor plus outer rain cover, pump can be placedin the outdoor use, cancel the pump room, save construction cost.
1. Inspection before starting
Be sure to check the followings:
(1) Insure pump plate fixed on foundation;
(2) Insure coupling and pump unit alignment;
(3) Insure piping connected by requirements;
(4) Insure motor installed by Installation and operation instruction;
(5) Insure the rotor of pump rotate easily (at least a circle);
(6) Insure the coupling guard installed;
(7) Insure the operator fully understand the safety specification that they should obey and the failures may be occurred;
(8) Insure the shaft seal liquid or cooling liquid lead-in by requirements;
(9) Insure the shaft seal installed by operation instruction;
(10) Insure the auxiliary device installed by operation instruction (If they exist);
(11) nsure the bearing have lubricated well, especially insure new pump grease or thin oil do not reduce or go bad;
(12) Insure the air trapped in pump escaped。
2. Shaft Seal
Open valves properly for stuffing box seal
3. Air exhaust
Pump and piping should fill of medium before starting, there are two methods: creation of vacuum or priming. If the pump operated on the suction state, exit gas by bolt hole on top of the pump casing.
Note: When creation of vacuum, evacuate air by bolt hole on top of the pump casing. When priming, open both side low pressure volute chamber of pump casing and the top plug, to get rid of pump vibration by remained air in pump.
(1) Close outlet valve;
(2) Open inlet valve completely;
(3) Open all auxiliary piping (cooling, heating, sealing, rinsing and lubricant liquid), and check all capacity and pressure;
(4) Starting pump after finishing above procedures;
(5) When the system starting deliver medium and the pressure reading at pressure gauge rise up, open outlet valve slowly。
Note: Forbid pump operating without liquid! Only close outlet valve when the pump start and shutdown, otherwise will damage the pump by overheating.
Confirm operating point
According to Q-H performance curve of pump, capacity Q varies with the actual operation head. The head depended on the system head (including the altitude difference between inlet and outlet, piping, valves, radiator and so on). So the pump actually operating point B depends on pump performance
curve Q-H and system performance curve Q-HA.
Once capacity settled, the shaft power, efficiency, NPSH settled as well. Pump has limited working range. The minimum capacity are shown as Qmin in Q-H performance curve. Maximum capacity are depended on the cross point of pump tolerance NPSH and system valid NPSHA. Adjust valve can change performance curve Q-HA of system, thereby adjust operation performance, makes pump operation stable and high efficiency.
(2) Operation management
Should pay attention to followings:
a. Pump should work stably
b. Forbid pump operating without liquid
c. To prevent medium temperature rise up, pump can not be run long period when close outlet valve
d. Generally, the bearing temperature not higher than 35℃ of ambient temperature, absolute
operation temperature less than 100℃.
e. Check oil level regularly if use thin oil. Deep groove ball bearing of grease lubrication no need routine maintenance.
f. Do not close inlet valve (if it is exist) when pump operating.
g. Periodical inspection and start jury pump.
h. Check auxiliary piping whether connected well.
i. Check elastic element of coupling, if worn replace immediately.
j. For stuffing box seal there should have a slight drip when running, push stuffing box gland gently until there is a slight drip (about 15-30 drop/min ).
For mechanical seal the seal leakage should reduce gradually. It is about 0-5drop/min after
starting few hours. If the seal leakage increase gradually and reach about 30-60drop/min, should check or adjust mechanical seal.
Close discharge valve.
Insure the pump unit stop smoothly when shutdown the motor. Pump should have a proper after-running period, cut heat source at this time, so that the delivered medium can cool down completely and avoid of producing any heat inside pump.
Close suction valve if pump stop work for a long period of time.
Close auxiliary piping, the shaft seal should use seal lubricant even though at stopped state. Evacuate all medium in pump and piping when freeze or stop work for a long-term, so as not to frost crack.
Every pump has inspected strictly before delivery. Recommend to adopt following procedures to store pump.
(1) Store new pump
If store pump at indoor, clean dry place and follow the storage requirements, the longest storage time is 12 months.
(2) If equipment is to be stored for long periods of time should follow below procedures.
a. Pump should keep in installation state and inspect work condition regularly. Start pump once every month or every three months (about 5 minutes). Check running condition before starting pump to insure there is enough liquid.
b. Dismantled pump from piping and check it according to section 5.1 to 5.4. Apply protective agent on inside pump casing especially the gap of the impeller, apply on suction and discharge, then cover the suction.
c. Operation after storage
Inspect and maintain completely before starting pump, especially shaft seal and bearing lubricant. Reinstall all safety protection devices according to requirement before starting.
starting load too high
1. Starting without closing discharge valve;
1. Close the valve;
1.Packing too tight;
1. Loose packing properly;
Packing leakage excessive
1. Packing worn;
1. Replace packing;
Mechanical seal leakage
1. The nominal pressure of mechanical seal lower than actual work pressure;
1. Change the type of mechanical seal;
Bearings over heating
Vibration and noisy
1. Special working point B is not design point;not design point; low or high will cause vibration and noisy;
1. Adjust system special working point or pump design parameters;
Air in pump or piping
Evacuate air and eliminate the causes
Pump starts pumping then stops
1. Clogged in suction line or impeller;
1. Clean impeller, clean impurity of strainer and suction piping;
Add: Jiuhua Industiral Park,Xiangtan City,Hunan Province,China